Our vision is a world where people have the opportunity to succeed because their basic water and sanitation needs have been met.
Our mission is to provide technical training and consulting, and to act as a centre of expertise in water and sanitation for the poor in developing countries.
CAWST’s fundamental beliefs:
1. As a fundamental necessity for life, all persons have the right to a safe and secure supply of water.
2. Recognizing the universal right to clean water, all members of the global community have a responsibility to create or support institutions, economic systems, and social structures that can fulfill this necessity.
3. Developing the capacity of local populations to meet their own needs is the only sustainable solution for provision of basic services.
4. Nonprofit agencies provide leadership in improving the living conditions of the poor and development of civil society worldwide.
5. Democratic governing processes and systems are an essential component of organizational success.
6. Leadership by example is essential.
CAWST values equitable opportunities, sustainable solutions and collaborative and inclusive processes. CAWST recognizes and accepts differences in cultural, religious and political processes.