CAWST provides professional services in water, sanitation and hygiene to organizations and individuals that work with local populations in the developing world. Our services are intended to generate local ownership and leadership for addressing water and sanitation issues. We provide the opportunity for people to make informed choices and actions by sharing knowledge and skills and facilitating discussions. We try not to make those decisions for them.
As per its name, the workshop was very EFFECTIVE. I am not actually a trainer but it led me to conduct a small workshop to my colleagues in Uruzgan. The skills I got will also be used for effective communication during my meetings in different levels. Thanks once again for your efforts that indeed supports our work.”
- Mir Afzal, Program Manager, ZOA Refugee Care, South Afghanistan on his participation in CAWST's Effective Facilitation Skills workshop
To learn more about CAWST's services, please refer to our services brochure.
Our services include:
• Direct delivery of training programs – We deliver interactive training programs on 9 main topics relating to water, sanitation and hygiene.
• Online WASH resources – We have created a platform to share CAWST's free, open-content WASH resources and training materials. CAWST also hosts a Biosand Filter Knowledge Base, while also providing comprehensive online training.
• Education materials – We create educational materials that are open content and freely available.
• Education programming consulting support – We work with organizations to build their own education programs to suit the needs of their clients.
• Implementation consulting support – We help our clients overcome their problems as they encounter them – technical or tactical.
• Sharing latest research – We gather the latest WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) research, distill it down to the essentials and then translate it to a language that can be understood by non-experts.
• Learning exchange forums for field implementers and trainers – We provide the online and person-to-person opportunities for people to share their lessons learned.
CAWST makes its services as accessible as possible by subsidizing organizations and by making all our education materials open content and free of charge. All clients provide either monetary contributions or in-kind contributions for CAWST’s services.