Based on all measures that a donor looks at, CAWST ranks at the highest levels in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. An investment in CAWST provides ‘bang for the buck’ and a high social return. It is a remarkable story of successSince CAWST’s inception, corporations have been major investors in CAWST, including Encana, Falconbridge, Nickel (now X Strata), Petro Canada, RBC, Suncor Energy, Talisman Energy, Nexen, PlusPetrol, Pure Technologies, Western Zagros Ltd.
- David O' Brien, Chairman, RBC and Encana
Every corporation has to develop its own wants, needs and objectives relative to corporate giving or investing in terms of the social community but I would argue that water, and a Calgary based program like CAWST is pretty important to the global initiative.”
-W. Brett Wilson, Chairman, Canoe Financial
Corporations, big and small, have been instrumental in financing a wide variety of pioneering and innovative activities which have resulted in a range of benefits for CAWST’s clients that were well beyond what was envisioned at the start of the program.
Household Water Treatment (HWT) Seminar in Bogota, Colombia
Current opportunities with CAWST include:
- Organization-wide funding to support CAWST’s expansion plan
- Designated program funding for CAWST’s:
- Water Expertise and Training (WET) Centre Program
- Regional plans (CAWST’s professional time to train and support within a specified region of interest)
- Information and Communication Technology plan to roll-out online training and education tools and increase organizational efficiencies
- Research Learning activities to strengthen our service delivery and interface with sector research
For more information, please contact Palash Bagchi, Manager Fund Development (email@example.com) or call (403)-243-3285 ext. 233